Silke Heinz discusses the recently opened EU Amazon antitrust proceedings in a podcast of the ABA Antitrust Law Section’s series “Our Curious Amalgam”, together with the other guest, Damien Geradin, and the hosts Matthew Hall and John Roberti. The discussion covers inter alia the impact of Amazon’s dual role as operator of the Amazon marketplace and as retailer active on the same platform, the information/data collection aspects of the case, and possible lessons for the digital economy. You can listen to the podcast here.
- Amazon EU antitrust proceedings
- German Supreme Court quashed Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf’s judgement that had sextupled Rossmann’s Federal Cartel Office cartel fine
- Bundeskartellamt’s settlement with Amazon in abuse of dominance proceedings
- European Commission fines Sanrio €6.2 million for restricting cross-border sales of licensed Hello-Kitty-products in the EEA
- Federal Cartel Office clears paper dealer merger despite high combined market shares