Following the Parliament (March 9, 2017), the Federal States Council, Germany’s second legislative chamber, has approved the most recent reform to German competition law (March 31, 2017). Accordingly, several new rules will enter into force shortly, in particular in the area of damages for cartel infringements. Silke Heinz has published a post on Kluwer Competition Law Blog on the reform, see here.
- New publication: Knott/Zagrosek, The Company as Perpetrator – Compliance and M&A under the Planned German Corporate Criminal Sanctions Code (November 19, 2019).
- Amazon EU antitrust proceedings
- German Supreme Court quashed Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf’s judgement that had sextupled Rossmann’s Federal Cartel Office cartel fine
- Bundeskartellamt’s settlement with Amazon in abuse of dominance proceedings
- European Commission fines Sanrio €6.2 million for restricting cross-border sales of licensed Hello-Kitty-products in the EEA