On May 30, 2017, the Bundeskartellamt (FCO) has published guidelines on remedies in merger control. The guidelines offer a detailed and helpful overview of the FCO’s practice and related jurisprudence, with many examples. The document elaborates on the regulatory framework requiring structural remedies under German law, as well as the FCO’s preference for divestitures in practice. Silke Heinz deals with the most important aspects of the guidelines and compares the remedies practice in Germany to the practice at EU level in a contribution to e-Competition Bulletin, see here.
- New publication: Knott/Zagrosek, The Company as Perpetrator – Compliance and M&A under the Planned German Corporate Criminal Sanctions Code (November 19, 2019).
- Amazon EU antitrust proceedings
- German Supreme Court quashed Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf’s judgement that had sextupled Rossmann’s Federal Cartel Office cartel fine
- Bundeskartellamt’s settlement with Amazon in abuse of dominance proceedings
- European Commission fines Sanrio €6.2 million for restricting cross-border sales of licensed Hello-Kitty-products in the EEA