On May 30, 2017, the Bundeskartellamt (FCO) has published guidelines on remedies in merger control. The guidelines offer a detailed and helpful overview of the FCO’s practice and related jurisprudence, with many examples. The document elaborates on the regulatory framework requiring structural remedies under German law, as well as the FCO’s preference for divestitures in practice. Silke Heinz deals with the most important aspects of the guidelines and compares the remedies practice in Germany to the practice at EU level in a contribution to e-Competition Bulletin, see here.
- Joint draft guidelines for new transaction value threshold in Germany and Austria
- Bundeskartellamt refers metal packaging cartel case to European Commission to avoid another sausage-gap-like scenario
- Bundeskartellamt launches sector inquiry into online advertising
- The Bundeskartellamt’s Facebook proceedings
- Federal Cartel Office publishes preliminary assessment in Facebook probe