Based on media reports, the Bundeskartellamt sent a letter to the European Commission opposing the planned merger, including with respect to the commitments the parties have offered. Silke Heinz is quoted on this in Global Competition Review, inter alia on the national competition authorities only having an advisory role in European Commission’s merger control proceedings. While they are heard, they cannot veto any Commission merger decisions. You can find the article here.
- Heinz & Zagrosek ranked among top law firms for compliance in Germany by Wirtschaftswoche
- Bundeskartellamt’s Facebook decision
- Bundeskartellamt said to oppose Siemens/Alstom merger
- Juve recommends Heinz & Zagrosek for antitrust law in Handbook Commercial Law Firms 2019
- German Ministry for Economics publishes study on modernizing the competition rules on unilateral conduct of companies with market power (2)