Based on media reports, the Bundeskartellamt sent a letter to the European Commission opposing the planned merger, including with respect to the commitments the parties have offered. Silke Heinz is quoted on this in Global Competition Review, inter alia on the national competition authorities only having an advisory role in European Commission’s merger control proceedings. While they are heard, they cannot veto any Commission merger decisions. You can find the article here.
- Competition law compliance and digitization
- New publication: Knott/Zagrosek, The Company as Perpetrator – Compliance and M&A under the Planned German Corporate Criminal Sanctions Code (November 19, 2019).
- Amazon EU antitrust proceedings
- German Supreme Court quashed Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf’s judgement that had sextupled Rossmann’s Federal Cartel Office cartel fine
- Bundeskartellamt’s settlement with Amazon in abuse of dominance proceedings