Based on media reports, the Bundeskartellamt sent a letter to the European Commission opposing the planned merger, including with respect to the commitments the parties have offered. Silke Heinz is quoted on this in Global Competition Review, inter alia on the national competition authorities only having an advisory role in European Commission’s merger control proceedings. While they are heard, they cannot veto any Commission merger decisions. You can find the article here.
- Bundeskartellamt’s settlement with Amazon in abuse of dominance proceedings
- European Commission fines Sanrio €6.2 million for restricting cross-border sales of licensed Hello-Kitty-products in the EEA
- Federal Cartel Office clears paper dealer merger despite high combined market shares
- German Federal Cartel Office launches consumer protection sector inquiry into user reviews on the Internet
- Booking.com prevails in court – „narrow“ MFNs now permissible in Germany